We’ve been working with film-makers for over five years, helping them to create digital strategies for audience development, distribute their films themselves online, and run kick-ass crowdfunding campaigns.
We will also soon be launching an online course to enable us to support more film-makers.
This is intended for independent film-makers at all stages, from first short to 5th feature. The course will cover an overview of how to build an online audience, raise funds through crowdfunding, and sell your film online.
This will be an online course that you can complete in your own time, or grab in chunks as and when you need them.
DIY Digital Film Bootcamp
Part 1: Everything Has Changed
- How technology changed everything for the film industry
- Reasons to ditch the old model
- The new world of indie film and how to navigate it
- The new relationship between makers and fans
Part 2: Creating Your Crowd
- Identifying your audience
- Finding your fans
- Using social media
- Blogging that works
- Paid advertising and marketing
- Tips and tricks to reach your ideal fan
Part 3: Crowdfunding Your Film
- Choosing a platform
- Equity or Reward?
- Do you need a business plan?
- Setting your target
- The business of perks
- The perfect pitch video
- Pitching a PR campaign
- Advertising and social media
- Tips and tricks for promoting your film
Part 4: Digital Film Distribution
- The world of VOD, PPV and subscription
- Selling your film on your own website
- Using online VOD platforms
- Working with aggregators
- Do you need a sales agent?
- How much can you make by selling your film?
Part 5: The DIY Digital Film-makers Overview
- The new rules of DIY
- Tips for success
- Case studies
- Interviews with awesome people
- Inspiration to get you started
Sign up below to claim your pre-order discount and we’ll let you know when the course is ready for you to get started.