Title: Community Co-ordinator
Hours: 28 hours per week, flexible, but usually 9.30-5pm, Tuesday to Friday
Location: The Hub, Pacific Quay, plus some travel. Expenses outside of Glasgow paid.
Wage: £7.50 per hour + revenue share
Other: Great team, varied, interesting work, fancy parties
We’re hiring! We’re looking for a recent graduate with a passion for digital media, digital and physical communities, and independent film and TV to join us at Hot Tap Media. If you’d like to work with us to help bring people together and enjoy great content, then this could be the job for you.
Hot Tap Media is a digital production company with a focus on using digital platforms to create offline and online communities, and increase our enjoyment of the world. Our work involves online community management for feature films such as Not Another Happy Ending and Electric Man, and delivery of other digital projects, such as somewhereto_, an online space matching project that helps young people find the spaces they need to do what they love within arts, sports and culture.
The role is 28 hours per week, Tuesday to Friday, and based in our space in The Hub, in Glasgow’s digital quarter at Pacific Quay. Some travel across Scotland, and occasionally the UK, is required. The role is supported by the Commonwealth Graduate Fund which means that we can only accept applicants who graduated after May 2009 and have been unemployed or underemployed for 13 weeks, and who are based in Glasgow.
Here’s what we’ll need you to do
- Create and publish content across a range of social media platforms, including Twitter, facebook, tumblr, Flickr, YouTube, WordPress and custom-built websites
- Support on-the-ground community activity, including creating space matches through somewhereto_, and facilitating workshops and events
- Promote and manage crowd-funding campaigns
- Use online reporting software to keep accurate records of work, and maintain an up to date database
- Attend training as required
- Set up, attend and report on meetings with partners, clients, space-holders and stakeholders as required
- Be a friendly public face of Hot Tap Media
Please apply if you have…
- An intuitive understanding of social media, blogging and online networks
- A passion for independent film and television
- Computer-literacy, able to use simple web-based applications such as Office, Basecamp, Excel, etc.
- Excellent writing skills, with ability to adapt tone, style and content for different audiences
- Excellent social skills with a friendly, approachable and professional manner
- A strong interest in models of collaborative consumption and a passion for innovative digital projects
- A zest for life and the desire to make the world a better place
- Ability to generate new ideas and think big
Let us know if you have any additional skills too, like experience in creating video content, websites, or Facebook or iPhone apps and games.
To apply, just drop us a line with your CV or a link to your online portfolio, and an email telling us a little bit more about yourself and why you would be the best person for the job. The deadline is Monday 16th December, with interviews held on 19th December, and a start date of 7th January 2014.