We have a brand new opportunity for a passionate, creative individual to join Hot Tap as our somewhereto_ Project Manager in Edinburgh. somewhereto_ is a UK-wide Big Lottery Funded project that helps 16-25 year olds find free space to do what they love. It’s delivered in Edinburgh by Hot Tap Media, and we have transformed an empty office space in the centre of the city into a creative hub for young people. Argyle House is a fantastic building on Castle Terrace, which now includes a gallery space, theatre space and meeting room. We run this space in partnership with a sister organisation, Space Club, who also offer affordable studio and office style spaces to members.
We’re looking for a vibrant, enthusiastic individual to deliver the somewhereto_ project within the space.
Responsibilities will include:
- Facilitating and recording young people’s use of the space
- Managing a space booking system for both somewhereto_ and Space Club
- Using Salesforce to record and report on space matches
- Working closely with the Space Club Space Manager to run the space and manage a pool of volunteers
- Spreading awareness and buzz to encourage new people to use the space
- Managing events and exhibitions, supported by the volunteers
- Working with the wider somewhereto_ team across the UK to share skills
- Ensuring that somewhereto_ guidelines and policies are followed at all time
- Representing and promoting somewhereto_ within the space and through social media, events and PR
- Delivering on KPIs set by somewhereto_
This is a role for a self-motivated, creative arts facilitator who understands the challenges faced by 16-25 year olds.
Preferred skills, traits and experience include:
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to work with young people, partners, stakeholders and the wider somewhereto_ team
- Impressive organisational and admin skills, including meticulous data recording
- Events management skills
- Volunteer management skills
- Passion for the arts
- Experience of working with 16-25 year olds
- Sense of humour and fun
Location: Argyle House, 37 Castle Terrace
Hours: The role is for 4 days per week which will normally be Monday to Thursday, 12pm-5.30pm, but flexibility of hours is essential to enable management of events.
Contract: £18,000 pro rata for a 22 hour week
To apply, email your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications: Friday 29th May
Interviews: 1st June
Induction day for successful applicant: 4th June